The lodge tyled at 6.30pm and the RWM welcomed a large number of 720 brethern and visitors.
Each logde in the province was represented by their respectiful RWM's.
The 20 brethern who lived locally and wished to see a Lodge established in Bonnyrigg had approached Nos.10, 429, 580, 606 for their assistance in having the Lodge chartered, but all were unable to help. A Past Master of the Celtic Lodge and an active member of Grand Lodge, he secured the necessary support and the petition was granted following a debate on the floor of Grand Lodge.
The Lodge took possession of the hall in May 1920 due in no small part to Ex-Provost Brother who gave a loan of £1000.Less than a year later the hall was taken over by the Military as quarters for troops billeted in Bonnyrigg during the Miners' Strike.November the 5th is a date which figures prominently in the history of our country.On that date in 1605 Guy Fawkes attempted to clear away King James and the English Parliament with the Gunpowder Plot.Bonnyrigg is named after a Scottish village meaning "pretty hill".
Bonnyrigg is a town in Midlothian, Scotland, eight miles (13 kilometres) southeast of Edinburgh city centre.The Lodge met for the first time officially on February 22nd 1886 in the Coffee House, Leyden Place (temperance premises!!!) The early days of the Lodge saw the usual problems of accommondation and finance but the early members kept working away and by the start of the Great War were the lookout for their own premises. Eventually Bonnyrigg Public Hall was acquired for £1500 with condition that Picture Shows be held 12 times per year for 10 years.The project is expected to take 12 months to complete with the centre remaining open for trade throughout construction which has already started.Bonnyrigg Plaza is home to 45 specialty stores as well as Woolworths and Big W.Robert Ross, MM 112 and HM 720,sang the solo "The Old Rugged Cross". After the close of the lodge the brethern adjourned downstairs for the Cenentary Dinner.